The use of Thinking Map

Welcome back everyone!!! 𝩀𝩀𝩀

Today i would like to share about thinking map.I just learned about thinking map so i would like to share some of the information with you guys. I guess most of you already know what are thinking maps right? Thinking maps are a set of graphic organizer techniques used in primary and secondary education.  There are eight diagram types that are intended to correspond with eight different fundamental thinking processes. They are supposed to provide a common visual language to information structure, often employed when students take notes. Thinking Maps are visual tools for learning, and include eight visual patterns each linked to a specific cognitive process. Teachers may apply Thinking Maps in all content areas and all grade levels. The eight map types are:


  • Circle map
used for defining in context
  • Bubble map
used for describing with adjectives
  • Flow map
used for sequencing and ordering events
  • Brace map
used for identifying part/whole relationships
  • Tree map
used for classifying or grouping
  • Double bubble map
used for comparing and contrasting
  • Multi-flow map
used for analyzing causes and effects
  • Bridge map
used for illustrating analogies
This is an example of thinking map.

I myself already applied some of the thinking map on my Science Computer subject. I made some notes using the thinking maps. 

I am using the circle map for the definitions.

While for this, i use the bubble map to describe the main subject.

 I apply the tree map for this topic because the topic has 3 points and need classifying.

So i think that you guys also try to apply the thinking map in your study as it will easier your process of learning. Doing the thinking map is also enjoyable and fun. That is all from me. I hope you guys will anticipate my next post. 😚😚😚

Comments